Thursday, August 31, 2006

Stuff

Someone asked how I pull off the going to school thing. To be honest, the jury is still out on that one, I�ve only been in school a week. It seems like school kind of grounds me alittle though. When I was in school for my undergrad degree, I only had about 2 or 3 psycho semesters, and most of them I was drinking a lot or smoking a lot of weed. I wasn�t on meds either. So, it will be interesting to see how it goes this time. This is the first time Ive been in school since Ive been on medication, so who knows what will happen. Usually, school gives me something to focus on other than myself. I also feel like I cant quit because Im paying a crapload for this mess. Anyway, I cant really answer the question because I am not sure yet. It will be hard to handle school & work, and I am very glad that I am not in school full time. I definitely wouldn�t make it. Taking 2 classes seems like its going to be hard enough. I like having things to do though and I have met a couple of people that are graduate students too. The good thing about grad school is that you don�t have to take all those BS classes that are required for your undergrad. So basically, I get to take classes that I get some sort of enjoyment from (minus the thesis class, which could be cool if I actually got to work on my thesis).

 

Anyway, I have to come up with a topic for a paper in my modeling & animation class. I think I am going to do it on e-commerce in virtual reality. The only thing is, I�m supposed to survey some people in industry to see what they think about certain things, but I don�t know many people that do e-commerce in VR, so that will be the difficult part. I�m going to try to look online and see if I can find some people somewhere in this universe to email or something.

 

I have a meeting with my team tonight to try to get our presentation done. It will be interesting because I don�t feel like we really prepared ourselves. I think we should at least have figured out which paper we are going to do the presentation on. It will probably be a long night.

 

This has been a weird week since my normal routine has been altered. I haven�t been getting in my daily naps. I slept good last night. I fell asleep on the couch with all the lights on, my shoes on and everything at about 8:00 and I woke up at 2:30.

 

On a bipolar note, I did get some Lamictal samples to try to make it until I can find my stupid prescription card. I may have to just call and get a new one. I haven�t been able to clean my car yet, and I want to do that first to make sure that its not in there.

 

Oh yeah, someone is coming to cut my grass today!!! woooohoooo

2 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

As a side note, when I was in grad school, there were fewer BS classes. True.

But I did not enjoy historiography, Sam I am. I did not enjoy it at all. :)

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

I *almost* miss school. I'm proud of you for going back.

8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home