Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cymbalta and School

As soon as I take my meds in the morning, my stomach starts to hurt. I think it�s the Cymbalta. That seems to be a common side effect. I hate it. I cant eat anything because I am afraid I will throw up. Even my morning Mountain Dew bothers me. Does anyone else have stomach issues with Cymbalta? Ive heard of a lot of people that aren�t able to take it because they puke 24/7, but I seemed to be handling it quite well until the last month or so. Ive even cut down my dosage. I don�t know what the deal is.

 

School was interesting last night. Things have changed a lot in the 5 years that Ive been out of school. They use different software that I�ve never used. The class I went to last night was Modeling and Animation. The software seems pretty easy to use. Ive used a lot of different 3d applications, so Im not worried about learning it. I just was hoping that we would use 3D Max because I am good at it and theres a lot more that I could learn about it. We are using the free Google 3D software, Sketchup. Its pretty simple. I guess it will be cool to learn something I haven�t used. I think I will be able to apply it to what I want to do. I like making buildings in 3D and that�s what the software does and its able to be imported into the game engine I use for 3D, so that�s cool. The graduate part of the class should be more interesting than the crap Ive had to read for my thesis class (which sucks). Our project will be building our school cam pus in 3D and putting it on Google Earth, so that will be cool. We have to write a huge ass paper too, but I think I�ll be able to use some of it in my thesis. It was a long night (6:30-9:15), but I did learn stuff.

 

Upon reading my thesis class assignment again, I realized that we are supposed to read two articles instead of one. The one he gave us was 9 pages long. The other one is 25 pages long, and they are equally boring. Who wants to read about methodology of the construction industry. Not me. It has nothing to do with what my thesis will be about. I am not sure why in the world we have to read it, but whatever. I have a meeting with my group tomorrow night to work on our powerpoint presentation. We have to choose one of the articles to do our presentation on. So far I do not like my thesis class if you haven�t gotten that impression. I�m ready to write about what I am interested in, which is virtual reality. I don�t know if he�s trying to get us used to reading 9 million articles or what, but I want to research my own research interests. Guess I don�t get to choose at the moment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you get some food in your tummy so when the Cymbalta hits bottom, there will be something there that can buffer it? Eat and wait about 20 min and take it. See if that will work.

The copius amt of reading is something you just have to wade on thru. Sometimes the asshat professors will make you read crap that they intend to incorporate into THEIR research to some extent. Therefore if you read it and give input on it, they will have a lot less material to have to pore over. Also, some professors really do have your best academic interests at heart---they expose you to a whole lot of different stuff just so you will know what is out there and will be just a little more familiar with it. And still others assign it just b/c they can...it's the old "Well, we had to do it and so should you."

Maybe when you go to your group meeting, somebody in the group will love reading articles like that more than life itself and will volunteer to summarize it for the rest of you. If not, just divide it up and everybody concentrate on your own little part and email your summaries to each other so everybody can put the whole article together and use it as a go-by as they read the oringinal. Or hell, just don't read the damned thing and take your chances that it won't show up on a quiz!!

Can you access teacher evaluations? If so, check out your teachers on that site and see if anybody talked about how the tests are, if the articles are of major importance, and what the general consensus is of the class and the professor. That may tell you how much work you should be putting into the articles, the projects, the papers, and the quizzes.

But I know that no matter how much info you get from the class, you will give much, much more to everybody else.

Hope your Cymbalta thing gets straight soon. Call your pharmacist if it doesn't.

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

how can you do it?i went to school for a semester, God knows how I managedto get all of those high grades, i stopped going on the 2nd semester and now that i'm back i've already missed so much school i might flunk anytime soon
HOW do you do it, in all honesty?

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Jane said...

Found this blog while looking for Cymbalta. Have you tried taking it at night just before bed? I find this helps prevent digestive issues, particularly if I don't eat a big dinner (which I shouldn't do anyway!).

5:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been taking Cymbalta for 4 months now. I only take it after I have eaten a meal, and, have had no nausea. The first week it nearly wiped me out--I slept like I have not been able to sleep in years, and, even then had a hard time staying awake when I would sit down to read the paper. That leveled off, of course, now I sleep well, I don't worry about 'much' anymore, my mind is working better than it has in a long time. I am accomplishing things that have been very difficult for me over the past several years.

I did chose to stay on the 30mg, and, so far so good. I am taking it for anxiety, not bi-polar, but I have a son-in-law who is bi-polar and I was hoping that it might help him. Luckily, I am not taking other medication that might interfere with Cymbalta. I feel better than I have felt in years. I wonder if you could stop some of your other medication that might be interfering with Cymbalta--maybe ease off of everything, and, start over--one thng at a time to see what is really bothering your stomach. I could not handle what you are talking about.

4:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home