Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Prodigal Jil

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is that of the prodigal son in Luke. This dude went out and went nuts, wasting his inheritance on hookers and stuff and ended up working in a pigpen starving to death. He decided to go back home to his father and the dad received him with open arms and he kissed him and put his best robe, sandals, and a ring on him. It�s a pretty cool story because a lot of parents aren�t like that.

 

I think the story really shows what God the Father is really like. No matter how far we�ve fallen or gone nuts, Gods arms are always open to receive us, reaching out to us with love. The father in the story says something like �my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.� I think God is like that. He rejoices when we come back to Him and he doesn�t ask about the things we�ve done. He already knows and He loves us anyway.

 

Lord knows I�ve run about as far away from God as humanly possible. The deal is, we cant run far because He�s with us if we are His children, no matter how far off the beaten path we trod. I think its cool that even though I have been through a ton of crap and done a lot of wrong things, God couldn�t wait for me to come back to Him. That�s cool because I�m so unworthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home