Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thanks You Guys

…just wanted to write a note before I head to bed. First of all, I’d like to thank everyone for the emails, comments, etc. about my birthday. It really is strange how close you can become to people you’ve never seen. Anyway, thanks a lot...its very nice to know people care. You guys rock.

It was a good birthday. My friend, Dean, and I skipped out of work alittle early and went to the Harley store. I bought some flame foot pegs for my bike. Theyre gonna look sick. Now we just have to get them on, which should be entertaining. Dean got me a cool Napolean Dynamite shirt. That frickin movie is hilarious. We ate at Outback, had a margarita and a beer….and all was good.

I guess my family members all remembered late tonight to call me. My DAD called me and wished me a happy birthday. He never came to any of my birthday parties when I was a kid…I didn’t even know that he knew when my birthday was…so that was interesting. I missed my mom’s call and my brother chimed in after my dad.

I got home & was flipping through the channels on tv…and I stumbled upon a show on CMT called Crossroads. It was Dave Matthews & Emmylou Harris playing together. It was amazing. Emmylou did her version of John Lennon’s Imagine and it was almost a spiritual experience. I swear, it was awesome. I wish they’d make a cd together. I know it sounds like a weird combo, and Ive never been a country fan…but they totally blew me away together. They did a Johnny Cash cover (that always wins points in my book) & they took turns playing their songs. I wish my frickin VCR worked…Im so in the stone ages.

Time for sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home