Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Night

The past few days have been pretty sucky. I swear I don’t sleep well when the moon is so full. I know that sounds stupid, but I notice when its brighter in my bedroom and it drives me nuts. I just haven’t been doing so great at night.

The mornings are rough because the nights are rough…just a never-ending cycle, I guess. I kind of chilled out a little by lunch time, but I was still tired. I’m working on a video at work. I wanted to do some cool stuff to it that I’ve been learning and I worked really hard on it all afternoon…but no one liked it except me. So that was a bummer…but whatever, its work…that kind of crap happens. I just have to un-do the stuff that I thought was cool. Oh well…I shall live, that just kinda sucked.

I decided that I would not let myself fall asleep when I got home, so I went to Starbucks early. I kind of like going earlier because no one is there. I finished the book I was reading and then Linda called. We talked for a long time on the phone and then we decided to go get something to eat. She picked me up and we went to a new Thai restaurant. The food was really good and was a welcome change from McD’s and Hardees.

It was really cool to hang out with Linda. I think this was the first time since we broke up that I saw her as someone I love, not someone I am in love with. That doesn’t mean I don’t miss her on occasion because I do…sometimes things remind me of her or I just get her on my mind and it makes me sad, but tonight I saw her as a friend. It was really nice. We talked about our relationships (the thing with D is not gonna work out). It was weird at first to talk about going out with someone with her, but I think I felt better once we got that out of the way. Its easier for me to hear her talk about her new boyfriend (who isn’t so new these days). It was just good to hang out with her. I’m glad we can be friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home