Sunday, July 23, 2006

Testimony Part 2

I wanted to start this off as Things God Has Done for Me….but there are so many things and I want to keep this kind of short so I will talk about the main thing, I guess, and probably wander off to other things as usual.

I’ve attempted suicide 4 times and I am still alive today. The Lord said that His power is at it best in weakness. (2 Cor 12:9) If you looked up weak in the dictionary, I would be the shining face smiling back at you. I am weak. I have mental issues, obviously, but I am weak in all sorts of ways. I am inadequate to save myself, I am insufficient at running my life, and have the inability to do anything about it. Inadequate, Insufficient, and Inability….those things are tough to admit. But, God knows this. God knows I am weak and His power is best in weakness. Thank God. God doesn’t care what we’ve done. Jesus’ blood paid for it all. All we have to do is accept Him and love Him back. THAT’S IT…that’s all we have to do! Its amazing to me. Theres not a thing in the world we can do to deserve it, or do to throw it away…HE LOVES US ANYWAY. All the past crap is gone.

I think another thing that really got to me is that God hung out with the rough crowd. He hung out with people of other castes – like hookers & tax collectors (which were really looked down upon in those days because they taxed what they wanted to tax and kept the rest for themselves). Anyway, to put it in perspective….To ask someone to eat with you was to ask for their friendship back in the Jesus days. If Jesus were here today in body, he would dine with the whores, the AIDS victims, the drug addicts, tattooed long haired bikers, the folks who have tried to kill themselves, you name it – the people that some of us are afraid to eat with ourselves – Jesus loved them. That means he loved all people, even the sinners. Even ME. We’ll never be perfect. God knows this. Jesus paid for our sins already.

Anyway, these are just a couple of things I came to realize early on. I know that a few of you are Christians that read this; I’d love to hear what you think, or maybe even your own story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy Purdy said...

You have a wonderful testimony. Never be ashamed to share it.

5:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home