Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Mission Trip?

I havent talked about this really on my blog, but I want to share it, I think, even though its not going to happen for a while.

While reading the Wiccan book, I stumbled across a Chrisitan organization that is has conservation areas all over the world. I was really interested in how they promote taking care of God's creation that He has blessed us with.

Anyway, I emailed the US chapter and asked for info and didnt get much of an interest for my volunteer services....but the organization started in Portugal and I was really into going there. I emailed the Portuguese site and got an awesome reply from the guy in charge there. They need someone to help with some computer stuff, some web stuff, etc. Soooooo....

I'm making plans to go. It will probably not happen until sometime between Now - Jan. because I have to come up with the money and the time off of work. But, I am excited about it. If you wanna check out the organization, go to www.arocha.org

On a bipolar note, I am going to the doc Tuesday. Should be interesting. Ive been doing fairly well, I just think Ive been having horrible hormonal issues that have caused some depression. We'll see how it goes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Congratulations! I'd be pumped about that. You'll have to take some major pictures and continue to blog from there.

10:34 PM

 
Blogger dan said...

The only person that can make you happy is you.

Finding stuff that fits "you" really helps though. :)

5:37 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Be sure that you are stable before you go....talk to your doc about precautions for the trip....and have fun when you are there

7:51 PM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

Wow, you've been busy! Lots of ups and downs and big decisions.

Been thinking about ya gal

XOXO Maggs

8:50 PM

 
Blogger jane said...

This sounds wonderful.

11:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home