Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Bored

I think I have a chronic case of boredom. I am bored with everything right now. I know I�ve been missing here for a few days; I just have lacked motivation to write. My meds seem to be working as far as my moods go, but I don�t really want to do much. All creativity has gone out the window.

 

I went to the doctor last week and they wanted to check my thyroid. I know that if my thyroid wasnt functioning as planned by the Creator, then it could really screw up my moods. In the back of my mind I was really hoping that it was messed up and Im really not bipolar. However, it turned out to be just fine. I was kind of bummed out about it.

 

To be honest, I was kind of afraid of what it would mean if Im not really bipolar. I guess since I�ve accepted it as something I have to live with, I cant really imagine not having to deal with it. I guess it becomes part of your identity once you have accepted it for a while and it would be strange to have that taken away. Not that I wouldnt like to NOT be bipolar, its just that I am and I guess I am used to it in a lot of ways. That probably makes no sense whatsoever.

 

My friend from work and I have been riding our motorcycles some. Im going to post some pictures. We rode down to the coast this past weekend to check out the Katrina damage. I had not been down there since the storm. It really was a trip. Maybe I will post the pictures this evening.

4 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

We spend all this time in our teens trying to define ourselves. Then some yahoo doctor gives us one more thing to add to the list.

Upsetting the list is upsetting how we view who we are. For better or worse, you're still Jil. And excuse the Stuart Smalley, but doggonit, people like you.

Can't wait for pictures.

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Joel said...

You sound a little depressed, hon. Loss of pleasure in stuff is a symptom. Checking your thyroid is a good idea. Also your blood sugar.

2:16 AM

 
Blogger Disability Blogger said...

re: "I went to the doctor last week and they wanted to check my thyroid."

Actually, I've read that thyroid problems can sometimes mimic some of the symptoms of bipolar, so I'm not that surprised.

4:50 PM

 
Blogger jane said...

I'm so glad that you have posted & area doing alright. You've been on my mind a lot. Riding on the coast sounds wonderful & I bet it's refreshing for your soul. Keep on riding, Jil!

1:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home