Friday, January 13, 2006

One Day at a Time

I feel empty. I am ready for this depression BS to lift. I know its only been a couple of days, but it feels like its been here forever.

A couple of people misunderstood me when I was talking about the nurse that was discussing my cutting with the receptionist. It wasn’t my NP (she’d die if she knew it happened), it was her nurse.

My NP wasn’t kidding when she said the Cymbalta would make me nauseated. Oranges and honey buns look interesting when they come up (I know yall wanted to know that). Of course, when you have oranges and honey buns for breakfast, you might puke even if no medication was involved.

I’m trying to be hopeful & wait for the meds to kick in and perk me up. Heres a Jeremy Camp song…Im relating…..One Day at a Time….


One day at a time i will walk this road i've traveled so far
One day at a time well i know i will carry on
One day at a time i can see you took my life this far
One day at a time I will take this faith along

All this hope i breathe is given by the hand that carries me
Until I'm complete and i'll take all i will
To understand this plan you have for me

I've been
shut up
shut down
held out
held down
In ways i never knew i would
I can't feel your fullness in my life
Well i've been
burned out
broken
torn out
torn down
In ways i never knew i would
I can't feel your fullness in my life

One day at a time I will take these words you've given me
One day at a time I will rest in knowing you
One day at a time I will share this gift you've given me
One day at a time I will walk these valleys through

All I know is that I see how much my heart
Is longing to be cradled by your side
And i'll give all i can to one day soon
Be held by your hand, by your hand

In all these things i will press on
I'll be with you i know it wont be long

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Im so hooked on your blog =) so hope you dont mind. I know when I get depressive it feels like its lasting forever, doesn't matter how long it actually has been ,it really sucks. Just hang in there dear, hugs.. maria

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Openfields said...

I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. I just went through a major depression myself. Now I'm not sleeping & heading in the other direction between a medication switcheroo ....

You know what will make you smile is going to my blog & taking a look at the pictures of my dog in her spiffy new fleece hoodie!!

Hugs to you!!

11:32 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

Maria, thanks for reading...I really appreciate you coming by. The stuff Im writing lately is pretty damn depressing...I dont know why anyone would want to read it, but thanks :)

11:42 AM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Those first days are hard. Pity that no one prescribes Zofran for them. (If you have migraines, you're lucky.)

I dread med changes more than anything and I may be facing one next week. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, dear Jil. Hang in there. Pretend you're a penguin on the Antarctic ice, just sliding through a rough patch....

4:27 PM

 
Blogger digibrill said...

I've only heard that one rockin' song of Camp's they play on the radio all the time. (They don't have a Christian station here in San Diego, so....) This sounds like a good one. I hope this time passes quickly for you. I have been on a high for quite some time now and it all can sound foreign when one is doing well. Don't despair. Hope is yours.

Peace and grace.

8:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home