Sunday, September 25, 2005

Reflections & Self Examination

I couldn’t pomise we’d live that night
And I clutched his fingers tight.
“Just close your eyes.”
I covered his ears,
Those things shouldn’t be what a little one hears.

Please don’t leave me here
This house holds nothing,
but memories and demons
I don’t want to remember.

I said I’d be there forever.

Shes yet to come home,
But I have her picture
I wonder if I’d know her now.

And I’m just like her.
She lied, she lied,
I lied, I lied
You know not what you do.

I remember everything,
The words spoke on
dusty backroads,
that were all untrue.

Do you cry
When Im crying for you?
I have those thoughts
That keep me awake,
Promise that did not hold
themselves.

When I ran,
“this isn’t happening”
Appreciate the hand
waving goodbye when
youre awake at night.

2 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

Minnesotans have a habit of saying things three times. (Would you like something to drink? Are you thirsty? Are you sure you wouldn't like something?) So...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

7:13 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

thanks dan...this isnt one of my favorites...I dunno, just doesnt seem to flow I guess...or something anyway, it still feels incomplete. Ive been told that its kinda weird. Guess everyone has different opinions on poetry. I'm glad you like it :)

8:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home