Friday, September 16, 2005

Thoughts

I don’t know why I feel like writing this, but I’ve been thinking about my step-sister a lot lately….not sure why that’s come into focus.

Anyway, she ran away uuuuhhhh around 15 years ago. Good Lord, it doesn’t seem that long ago! I guess Ive been thinking about her because I put that song by Soul Asylum..Runaway Train…on a mixed cd of mine and it makes me think of her because it came out around the time she left.

My sister was my “out” when I had to live with my dad during the summers. I couldn’t wait for her to show up at our house and rescue me. We usually got into trouble, but we had fun doing it.

She wasn’t perfect, although in my young eyes at the time, she was. I still miss her and think about her a lot. I hope she is happy somewhere.

I’ve also thought a lot about when I moved out and left my brother. I think the 2 kind of go hand in hand because I feel like I left him the way Kim left me….except I was more of his mom that she was to me. I wrote a poem about it all the other night. I’ll post it soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jil said...

it seems i get a crappy comment like this on just about every post.

11:16 AM

 
Blogger dan said...

That's a super comment spam you have there!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your poem. I lost my little brother a long while ago. I still tear up whenever I hear Green Day's "Time of your Life," because it was played at his funeral.

Which makes it hard to go shopping since it's on every musak station on the planet. :)

11:47 AM

 
Blogger jane said...

jil,
have you ever tried to look up your step-sister? home must have been miserable for both of you to leave. do you still keep in touch with your younger brother?
your point about repeating what your step-sister did is something we all do, i think. repeat learned behavior.
take it easy ~

11:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home