Tuesday, September 20, 2005

.The Fight at Walgreen's

I was standing in line at Walgreen’s yesterday to get some Vistaril to help me sleep and a fight broke out, which was kind of funny.

This old lady started going off on how the world would be a better place if John Kerry had been elected….not a good thing to announce in a public place in south Mississippi. Anyway, there was a lady in the national guard (in uniform) in front of her. She told the girl that she shouldn’t be willing to fight in a war for nothing. The girl said that she believed in the war and in George Bush and she said she was willing to fight to protect the US and her family. The liberal lady started telling everyone that it was sad that they had bought into Bush’s lies…and then she started going off on how the war in Iraq was like Vietnam, which promptly pissed off an older man who announced that he was retired military and that he didn’t want to hear another word from her. A younger guy went off on her saying that she mustve wanted Hussein to stay in power. The lady said that Hussein had nothing to do with the US and that it was stupid to think he did. Man, it was entertaining. Finally, after the Walgreens pharmacy called 2 managers, they all shut up.

I don’t talk about politics very much…mainly because my beliefs and views are a bit different than most in my rural inhabitance. However, I did want to tell the lady to back off on the military…those people in line with her had fought so that she’d be able to stand in a public place and go off on them. Not exactly the thanks that they deserve.

Anyway, I think everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. Here are some of mine (lets not get to rialed up over this….just having one of those outlet moments):

1. Do I think Bush sucks? Yes
2. Do I think Kerry sucked? Yes
3. Do I think it makes any difference if we compare the 2 now? No, Kerry lost.
4. Do I think Bush knew that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Yes
5. Do I think that the American people wanted to bomb the hell out of someone after 9/11? Yes
6. Do I think Hussein had anything to do with 9/11? No
7. Do I think we suck for not focusing on Bin Laden? Yes
8. Do I think Hussein was a terrible murderer? Yes
9. Am I glad we got rid of him? Yes
10. Do I think that the US needs more than 2 dominant political parties? Yes
11. Do I think that’s gonna happen anytime soon? No
12. Do I think Bush is a liar? Yes
13. Do I think Kerry was a liar? Yes
14. Do I think Bush means well most of the time? Yes
15. Do I still think he’s a dumbass? Yes
16. Do I support our military? ALWAYS
17. Do I think we should get out of Iraq? Yes
18. Do I think we’ve made any national security progress? No
19. Do I think Bush listened to the 9/11 Commision at all? No
20. Am I a Democrat? Sometimes
21. Am I a Repulican? Sometimes
22. Do I believe you should vote for the person you think would do the best job no matter what party they belong to? Yes
23. Do I think we pay enough attention to the environment? No
24. Do I think we should be looking into different forms of fuel? Yes
25. Do I think we do that enough? No
26. Am I getting bored with this list? Yes

2 Comments:

Blogger Jil said...

Hell, I couldnt get elected class president. Jil for Prez...I'll run against Hillary. I did inhale, maybe I'll get some votes for that.

7:59 AM

 
Blogger jane said...

that was a wonderful post, Jil. i'd answer the same for all but #14, about bush meaning well. i think he's the anti-christ.

our country has never been so divided like it is now. it's sad, because i think we all want the same things, but we're all very defensive right now. i can say that for sure about myself.

it's nice to find out more about you though, just as a person. :)

12:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home