Friday, July 01, 2005

Toenails?!?

It seems that I have become the make-over project of my office at work. Since news of my date I have been given the “Being Girly for Dummies” crash course. I don’t understand this thing about feet. Apparently it is a documented fact that guys “check out your feet”. I don’t have like bear claws or anything. I kind of like my feet…but giving into peer pressure I have painted my toe nails for like the second time in my life…and I even got a toe ring because I do notice those on girls and I like them, so I thought what the hell.

The girls at work wanted to go shopping with me and do my hair and all that BS ( I think I said something like Hell no)…what is it with girls and “make-overs”. Good Lord, they act like it’s the damn prom or something. I do not understand. I do know that when I was a kid and most girls my age where playing dress up, I was playing He-Man, Star Wars, and dissecting Barbie dolls (I’m not sure where they even came from). Anyway, I am certain that as soon as my friends get to work they will inspect my feet. There is something odd about that.

As I was making decisions about my extremities, D. (that’s what I’ll call him here) called me. I told him that I was doing important girly first date things…he thought that was pretty funny…but I talked to him for a while and we got all our plans in line for tomorrow night. So, there we go…he better look at my feet damnit.

I got some real live normal ear rings too. As many of you know, I did have 00 gauge holes in my ears (I could put my pinky finger through them)….but Ive been letting them close up for a few months and they are normal again. For some reason I feel like a pirate with normal little hoop things in my ears than I did with plugs in them…but whatever….normalization??

I am ready for the weekend….I feel really wiped out….not sure why. I have been feeling alittle better as far as my brain goes, but I think I could sleep for a week. Today we had a big deal retirement reception thing at work. I had done a video that we played and I’d been stressing about it alittle this week because it hadn’t been working right…but somehow by the grace of God, it worked perfectly and I didn’t have a coronary. I’m glad its over…we’ve been working on this retirement thing since April….but it went well and I didn’t freak out (I get nervous in groups of people). Just thinking about it is making me tired so I guess Im gonna head towards my sleeping apparatus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWW...I hope somebody is videoing this for posterity!! You have always had a great hair cut--that is not a problem. THANK GOD you have normal lobs again---that made me a bit squeamish when you were doing all that stretching crap!!!There is nothing wrong with a piratical presence as opposed to one straight from the pages of Nat'l Geographic! You have to remember that people my age have trouble with dramatic cosmetic alterations of the body....now, can I expect to read about laser removal of a few of those tatts anytime soon?? ;) Relax and have a wonderful time on your adventure! And also--I remember when you were in elementary school and I let you guys go to the gym to see the HS prom decorations...you said you couldn't wait to go to the prom b/c you wanted to sit up front with the limo driver and check out the cool equipment the limo had...if this guy shows up in a limo, I am afraid we will never see you again!!!!!!

5:46 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

Oh no, the tatts arent going anywhere. I still have one that needs to be finished :) However, for the first time since I had my belly button pierced in high school, I have ZERO piercings in, except for the ears. Do you remember when I had that pad lock in my ear in high school? By the way, my feet pasted inspection this morning...I was relieved :)

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

pasted?? im losing my mind

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Well, I am just smiling.. It's all great Jill

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home