Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ramblings of the Day

Hey everybody,
 
I want to thank everyone thats stopped by and left comments. I thought I had lost everyone! Hopefully things will pick up around here.
 
Not much is going on. I went and watched my littlest bro play tennis yesterday. He is playing for a junior college and was playing against the local junior college where I live. It was good to see him, but I must say that I didnt know I hated tennis until yesterday. Good Lord, it lasts forever!! ....and nothing exciting ever happens!! Sorry if you are a major tennis fan, I just dont get it. Now I am sunburned and I have a headache. Yay.
 
Other than that, all thats happening is work and school. Work hasnt been too stressful lately though. Last week we had Special Olympics, which is always cool. This Friday we are having a Relay for Life Day with some cool things going on....I've got one of my friend's band to play, so that should be fun. School sucks as usual. We were up REALLY late doing homework AGAIN last night. I am tired. Whats freakin new. This school thing is getting old fast, Im not sure if Im going to make it. I'd rather spend my time doing stuff around the house.
 
We didnt get to use the tiller this weekend :( The weather sucked. I was disappointed. I hope I can get the dirt destruction happening soon. Jeremy has poison ivy all over himself. I feel really bad for him. He is an itchy mess. Yuck! I think he's going to go get a shot today.
 
On to the point of this blog (which is not always just about random crap going on in my life)..... I got this email from a reader the other day and I wanted to share the links with everyone because the sites are REALLY good. The videos are especially good and theres lots of info for the Bipolar crowd:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Jil,  

I run a number of mental health Web sites.  I came across your blog some time ago, and I have followed your adventures with interest.  It's good to have you back. :)  

To (quickly) give you a little bit of background on the sites I run –  BipolarConnect, MyDepressionConnection, AnxietyConnection and Schizophrenia Connection – these sites are designed to help patients find the information they need, manage their conditions, and connect with others through our recently launched SharePost feature, in which individuals can set up a profile and write blogs, questions, recommendations – basically whatever is on their mind that they'd like to sha re with the community. 

In addition, we have launched a few new projects that I thought might be of interest to you.  We have recently expanded the scope of our content with two new videos, produced in collaboration with the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA), featuring community members sharing their stories of diagnosis and recovery.   

Finally, to give you a sneak preview of some exciting new projects coming up within the next few weeks, we plan to launch a video presentation by our lead Expert Patient John McManamy, in which he shares his insight on living well with depression and bipolar disorder.  We have also a number of video interviews – produced in alliance with NARSAD – of some of the top psychiatrists and researchers in the country about the latest research and coping strategies for depression and bipolar disorder.   

I would love it if you would stop by, pay us a visit and let me know what you think!

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go check them out.....all of the sites are really informative, and like I said, the videos are great. I really think seeing the faces of people like us who deal with the same issues really helps us to know that we arent alone.

On another note (Im going to shut up in a minute), has anyone used Chantix to stop smoking? I've tried everything in the world: patches, losenges, gum, even some huge green herbal pills that were disgusting... soooooo, I just was wondering if anyone had used Chantix, if it interfered with any other meds, if youve had luck with it, all that kind of stuff. Ive got to quit smoking. I hate it. I hate it and love it at the same time :(

later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home