Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Birthday

Thanks guys. Well, the 27th birthday is not going to go down in history as one of my best. I guess that’s alright, they cant all be spent in Panama City getting drunk. My grandparents came down for lunch and that was really nice. My grandmother went nuts and cleaned my kitchen, which was extremely nice. Since they left though, I have done nothing but lay on the couch. My brother wanted me to go with him to listen to a bluegrass band, but that’s really not my thing and like a dumbass, I told him I didn’t want to go. I wish you guys were here. I almost went and drank a beer somewhere by myself. That’s sad. Oh well, I think birthdays get suckier as you get older. Tomorrow night my mom is going to cook dinner for me though, so that will be good. I think my brother will be there. I am not sure though, he has to go to Tuscaloosa and get a bunch of junk out of his apt. I’m glad this birthday is over. Ive never been a fan of my birthday, Ive had a lot of crappy stuff happen on birthdays....However, knowing that, this one couldve been a lot worse.

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy Purdy said...

You're the same age as me ( I turned 27 in June) :) I tend to get really depressed on my birthday for some reason. It happens almost every year. Usually there is drama over something in my family and then I blame myself and then I just want to die on the day I am supposed to celebrate my birth. It's hard to explain

5:59 AM

 
Blogger tiara said...

I hate birthdays! As I keep getting older, I feel like I've missed so many things, and I'm only 34. I would rather skip right over the birthdays and pretend they don't exist!

7:25 AM

 
Blogger tiara said...

Oh, and I love your blog. You seem to have been dealing with Bipolar Disorder long enough to have quite a handle on it. I will return and read more!

7:26 AM

 
Blogger dan said...

If you think 27 is bad, wait until they get you your walker at 30.

That was a gift. :)

Happy belated birthday Jil. :)

2:49 PM

 
Blogger chalexa said...

I'm turning 27 in december. We're old.

3:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday---i had no idea! oh, and the site is up, if you want to have your poem posted email the site:

http://web.mac.com/ourprojectisgay/iWeb/www.ourprojectisgay.mac.com/Contact%20Us.html

5:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://web.mac.com/ourprojectisgay/iWeb/www.ourprojectisgay.mac.com/Contact%20Us.html

5:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://web.mac.com/ourprojectisgay/
iWeb/www.ourprojectisgay.mac.com/
Contact%20Us.html

5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya, Birthday Hoochie! I just wanted to say thank you again for the info you gave me earlier this afternoon. I passed it on to my friend, and she is definitely going to ask her doctor about it. I am amazed at the things you think about and have researched. You really have helped so many people that you will never get to meet. You are really special, you know it?

Listen, not to be an alarmist or anything, but do you have any hurricane plans in place in case the storm (Chris) that is out there now does something screwy and heads toward the coast? I remember how we were all worried about you when you "went to the mattresses" during Katrina last yr. and we didn't hear from you for a while. Get that chain saw up and running, sister!!!Seriously, maybe you ought to get your bike gassed up and ready and pack a backpack in case things get out of control. Keep an eye on things so you won't get stranded again, OK?

Thanks again for the wisdom, old girl!

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home