Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Anger

I'm having a major fit of anger and I need to get it out, so you poor folks get to be the recipients.

Sorry.

Anyway, my step-dad is being a huge ass to my mom and I dont know what to do about it. My mom called me tonight and told me that he woke her up at 2 am and said all kinds of crap, she didnt tell me if he touched her. I would kill him. My whole life I have wanted to. He is a preacher and my mom said that after all of that in the middle of the night, one of the people in his congregation called and my step-dad asked him if he minded if they had a word of prayer. I SWEAR to you the man is mentally ill, but he wont do anything about it. He's one of those people that can fool the world into thinking he's this great godly man until he's behind closed doors and then he is just plain crazy.

Thats how my day is going.

I went to see my NP today. Everything went fine, no med changes. I complained about the no creaticity/motivation thing, but she said I was just bored with normal life. I am bored with normal life. It sucks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about telling your mom that you are in the midst of some long hours at work and you could use her help around your house to sort of help you get things in order? You could get her with you and then maybe have time and privacy with her to enable you to assess the situation and see what is up. That would give her a break from him. Or maybe give your brother the heads up that something is going on and get him to go see her or get her to go down and stay some with him. She probably will not talk to you while she is there where the step dad is, and maybe you could get her to open up more if she were away from his ears and eyes. Would it cause a huge rift if she left him for a couple of days to come visit? You don't want to make matters worse for her, but you don't want her to stay in a potentially explosive situation, either. I guess her leaving him for good is probably not going to happen, is it? The important thing for now is for you to stay CALM. If she knows you are going to go off on him or take off after him, she may not open up to you about what is really happening. Stay objective...don't rant and threaten (I know you want to, and I know that it is simmering under the surface now, but really try and keep a lid on it til you can get her with you) and maybe if she sees that you are staying calm, she will be more prone to talk to you about stuff. That's how I used to handle stuff with my mom and dad...if I got mad, my mom would clam up. But if I just talked matter-of-factly she would open up and I could convince her to leave for a while until everybody got a handle on the situation. It was never "Ozzie and Harriet" but it was ultimately the path she chose to follow b/c she felt like she could not support herself and me financially and she thought divorce was Biblically wrong PLUS she felt like if she ran out on him, he would drink himself to death. That was back in the 60s so it involves a different mindset than what your mom is facing, but that is my story. Not fun, not pleasant for the most part, but it was one helluva character builder!!! Chin up...keep us posted.

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Amy Purdy said...

I hate that your mom is in that kind of situation. I hear a lot about pastors being like that at home even though they seem so perfect and holy to the rest of the world. It makes me realize how fortunate I am that my pastor husband is "normal" He's not perfect, but he acts the same way at home as he does away from home. He's real. He's not putting on a show. And I love that about him. I will pray for your mom and stepdad.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Hmmm. Platitudes come to mind and a lot of unwanted advice, I am sure.

Don't get angry about being angry.

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home