Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Givin Them Somethin to Talk About


YES, I blog at work. Stone me....or better yet, dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....but not the ones at my job for sure! They must be magnificant attractive lesbians!

Anyway, hold up your hands if you blog (even alittle) at work. I mean, come on, what else are you gonna do when things slow down and that inviting little world sits on your desktop. My work gets done (well, I might add). So shoot me.

I work for the state, which means I have no privacy concerning where I go on the internet. I know this. Every time I log into this portal (Im at home now, by the way), the IT nazis can tell. I dont really care though, I mean, my blog is broadcast to the world. I'm not hiding anything. Nothing I write here embarrasses me. I'd rather the nazis not go plundering into my life, BUT, if they think I am that interesting, I suppose its their right too!

The problem with my blog is the content. Let my co-worker look at recipes all day long and see what happens...nazis at our door? I think not. However, talk about having a mental illness and being confused about your sexual preferences and HOLY SHIT, watch out for IT Hitler. The deal is, I live in redneckville. Think I am the only soul that goes online to do things that have absolutley nothing to do with my job? Dont think so.

While my dvds burn, or things render, or whatever is going on...instead of twiddling my thumbs or sticking my thumb up my ass (like some people do), I choose to see if I have comments on my blog. Sorry about that IT, from now on I will keep my bipolar bisexual posts at home :)

I am banned from blogspot at work. Oh well. Heres what I think of that:

14 Comments:

Blogger Trista said...

Did someone say something?

Yes, I blog at work. In fact I do most of my blogging at work. I am underemployed and there's not enough to do here. I'll probably get in trouble one day, and I'll just look at them and tell them to find me something ELSE to do then.

12:29 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd blog from work, except i work in the construction industry and the places I work rarely have power to them, let alone internet access.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I blog at work, too. I mean, who doesn't?!

6:11 PM

 
Blogger digibrill said...

I can't. All the logs are reviewed. I don't mind though. I would feel like I was cheating them out of what they are paying me. I did for a couple of days back, but decided against it when another person was reprimanded for causing problems since another company on whose Web site he commented negatively (about their site design) contacted our company about it. I don't miss it really since I have been so busy. I like my job.

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

You know, Jil, you have nice hands.

11:58 PM

 
Blogger Jil said...

Yeah, it sucks, but thats ok...I mean, I like my job too. I dont feel like I am cheating them out of what they pay me since I am usually doing other work at the same time....and its not like I camp out all day blogging without doing anything else. Ooooooh well, things catch up with ya eventually. I will live.

1:32 AM

 
Blogger Openfields said...

I'm not working right now but when I was I blogged at work too. For the most part is was during lunch, before or after work but on occasion during working hours. I too always maintained my work so it wasn't like I was "slacking off". I felt that justified it considering there were so many schleps around not holding there own & I was able to multi-task!

7:27 AM

 
Blogger Openfields said...

Oh & mmmm ... chocolate!

7:27 AM

 
Blogger dan said...

I started blogging at work. As long as you get your junk done, who cares, right?

Anyway, it's likely you're not completely banned from blogspot at work. If you can figure out the IP address and type that in, likely you'll get there.

It's how I got around getting to hotmail at a previous job...

8:57 AM

 
Blogger Trista said...

you can set it up to post through email, and you can also set it up so that you can follow your favorite blogs through bloglines or some other (free) subscription service. That's what I do when I have to...

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Annake said...

I blog at work when I'm caught up with everything or on a break. As long as I get everything done that I need to, I figure there's no harm. Never had an IT nazi come after me for it though. If they do, I'll just mention the amount of time my boss spends on Ebay. ;-)

11:04 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

Yep, the idea of a "block" is pretty dumb, there are a few different ways around it....however, I am going to succumb to the nazis and not pull any tricks...mainly because i respect my boss....not IT Hitler & mini-Hitler. I have a few tricks up my sleeves that shouldnt cause too much of a commotion though, so I will be able to keep up with stuff (using Bloglines or somethin) and I'll post using email or somethin.
They said its a bandwith issue. HAHAHA Like posting to my blog is gonna bring the whole network down. Hell, it might, looking at the nutjobs who work on it (minus one nutjob that is my friend :)).

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Jil: An article from this blog has been featured on the first Carnival of the Bipolars which will appear at Midnight, 3 February 2006 at http://paxnortona.notfrisco2.com.

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Shannin said...

i LOVE the addition of the graphic!! i don't work.. but, if i did and had a computer in front of me.. i'd be blogging!... i'm a housewife/stay-at-home mom and i blog all day.. so, i guess i blog on the job... hmm.. hubby HAS actually bitched too... oh well.
take care,hun

6:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home