Tuesday, January 31, 2006

NP Day

I went for a visit to see the nurse practitioner that treats me today. She really is cool. I did heed everyone's advice and I told her everything including the trazodone/vistaril incident. She asked if I thought I needed to be hospitalized and I told her that I didnt think so at the moment. I feel ok now. She said she thought it would be a good thing for me to do, but you know me....Im hard-headed as hell. No inpatient for Jil right now.

Meds update: Cymbalta 30mg, Lamictal 200mg, Abilify 10mg, and Vistaril 100mg.
She didnt change anything.

We went over some things I could do when I am feeling suicidal. I only have one friend close by that I can call, and I hate putting that responsibilty on anyone. I told my NP that and we came up with a couple of other options....going to the emergency room (yeah right) or calling her myself. She gave me her cellphone number. I dont know if I will actually ever call her, but I thought that was a cool thing to do. I dont know. I am like the biggest burden on all people that know me well.

Anyway, I have the crud...I dont know if its sinus junk, allergies, or if I just have a nasty cold. I think its allergies because I am sneezing a lot, but I dont know.

I'm going to go drink a beer and watch my Beavis & Butthead dvd.

5 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

As always, I am pulling for you.

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Openfields said...

That was great that she gave you her cell phone #. My tdoc did the same although I've never called her. If anything - it'll offer you comfort to know that you have it *just in case*.

Enjoy your beer :-)

8:22 PM

 
Blogger dan said...

See.. no judging. Being honest is the hardest thing we ever have to do.

Beer and Beavis got me through college. Although, admittedly, with a worse GPA than I could have gotten...

12:57 AM

 
Blogger Annake said...

That is so cool that she gave you her cell phone number. :-D

Hope you feel better soon, I mean with the crud. I've got the beginnings of it myself. I'm taking Advil Cold & Sinus trying to keep it from getting worse. Ick, I hate being sick. Oh, wow, that rhymed. Yeah, I'm a blonde. It doesn't take much to fascinate me. Did that make you laugh? ;-)

8:56 AM

 
Blogger jane said...

I'm glad you were 100% honest with her. But I do think you need a solid plan in case you become suicidal again. Whether it's the ER, your NP or a friend, you need a plan. (please)

8:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home