Friday, December 02, 2005

Quitting Smoking – Day 2

I haven’t had a cigarette in exactly 35 hours and 56 minutes. I must say that so far its not getting easier. Thank you guys for the support. I need it. Bigtime. I still want to kill people. I have eaten about 900 suckers and a load of peppermints. I swear that I will have no teeth after a while. A co-worker volunteered to roll me a cigarette of gun powder….I guess that tells you how I am perceived at the moment! My head hurts even with the patch on and Im not able to sleep. My brain was on overdrive even after taking a Vistaril last night. The dreams are driving me crazy. I didn’t get a buzz when I put the new patch on…and I put it on my other arm so the rash thing would get better. Now I will have matching rashes…well, I guess that’s better than having matching rashes with another human. See….my thoughts are a bit bizarre. I feel pretty proud of how far Ive made it so far though, I didn’t think I could actually go a whole day without a cigarette…and I guess the block of my mind that thought that quitting was impossible is decreasing, although I am a cranky bitch. It helps a lot to have other people quitting with you. However, me and D went out to eat last night and sat at a bar with people smoking and I had a few beers and I thought I would fall out if I didn’t have a cigarette RIGHT THEN. So…my advice of the day is if anyone decides to quit, DON’T go to a bar on your first day of being cigarette free.

4 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

See? Willpower. What can we get you addicted to so that you don't think about cigarettes?

Sex? Knitting?

Even if you go back to smoking, now that you made 24 hours, you know you don't "have" to smoke if you choose not to.

Keep it up. One day at a time. Then so many days later you'll realize it's been a month, or a year. But for now, it's about today.

11:48 AM

 
Blogger Jil said...

I didnt tell you guys that Im also addicted to knitting while having sex?!? HAHA Thanks Dan.

Its been 39 and a half hours. :) I'll probably count the hours until I reach 72, then I'll go for days.

12:10 PM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm going to quit after my operation on my hoo-ha. Sorry, that's the least gross way I can put it. Kudos to you!

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

What do you knit when you are having sex? Something warm? For what? Maybe BP's hoo-ha?

It's going to be tough before it gets easier, but you can make it as Dan says. Don't give up.

Never smoke that first cigarette.

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home