Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turkey Day


Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone....this is me on Turkey Day. It wasnt so bad though...I actually stayed at the family dinner for 2 hours which is a record for me. Im just not a social person, too many folks I never see were hugging on me and stuff. Dont get me wrong, I have a great family...it just seems like the people you see once a year think they owe you a hug and a kiss and act like they are glad to see you...when, in fact, if they wanted to see you more, its not like they live 100 miles away...or even 50. The food was good...I got to see my family that I hang with all the time and thats always nice, so it wasnt a bust or anything...but Im glad its over.

5 Comments:

Blogger digibrill said...

You said it, sister. Family seems to get farther and farther apart as time goes on, except for parents with their kids sometimes. I don't even know who my brother and sister are now.

I hope you had a great one.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Love the shirt. And the fact that you call it Turkey Day.

My mother tried to stuff me with a guilt trip or two, but I deftly avoided them. The cooking is fun: the emotional work wears me out.

6:50 PM

 
Blogger jane said...

*GASP* Is that our beautiful Jil flipping us the birdS? And you make it look so damn ladylike. How'd ya do that? When I flip people off, it's as though my finger is saying the very word!
I've got to tell you, I didn't realize how beautiful you are. The picture in your profile doesn't do you justice. with the except of 2 fingers, I like this pic better. :D
(actually, it doesn't bother me 1 bit, I'm just playing)
As for your family, I kinda know what you mean. I stayed home this T-day, just me & Cheeta. Tarzan went to his family's, but I didn't want to go.
Everyday should be a holiday or none at all!

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Jil said...

jane - oh no, the fingers definitely arent for any of you...I guess thats just how I felt going in the door to the family feast of wonderment.
I appreciate your compliment immensley, but I am a lot of things, and have been called a lot of things...but I dont think beautiful fits into either category...you made me feel good tho :) thanks

6:18 PM

 
Blogger Nicole said...

I hate Thanksgiving, those are my sentiments exactly!

3:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home