Thursday, December 01, 2005

Quitting Smoking – Day One

Me and my friend Dean and my boyfriend who really isn’t my boyfriend (don’t ask) decided to quit smoking. We are on the patch….the nicotine one, not the one that does not protect against HIV/AIDS. See, I’m crazy. I haven’t had a cigarette in almost 12 hours and I think I might die any minute. I have chewed gum, eaten a honey bun, drank mountain dew, drank a lovely caramel macchiato from starbucks (I wish I was famous so I’d get some free coffee out of that plug)…but I still want a cigarette. BAD. REALLY BAD. If I can make it through the weekend maybe I’ll be ok.

Has anyone ever tried the patch? Theyre really a trip. I put it on and got alittle buzz even though I’ve smoked a pack and a half a day for 10 years. Its also breaking me out pretty bad. I am allergic to some types of tapes…so apparently my skin doesn’t like the sticky stuff on the thing.

I want to kill people just because they exist. I am hoping this is because of the cigarette thing, but hey, maybe that’s just what kind of mood I’m in. I shouldn’t be having nicotine withdrawals since Ive got this stupid little patch on, but I am ill and zombie-like, but wired at the same time. My eyes are bloodshot today…not sure why that is. I look like I sucked on a bong all night long, and although that sounds appealing, it would not be good for a random piss test…so no bong for me. Damn it.

Good Lord, this sucks beyond all recognition. Seriously I have thoughts of ripping someones healthy lungs out and replacing theirs with mine. TRADE. The thought reminds me of that scene in Constantine when his black yucky cancerous lungs are pulled out. That was nasty.

I have a picture of lungs on the desktop of my computer. It says “The lungs on the left have emphysema. The one on the right has cancer – both from smoking.”….and they are DISGUSTING. I have hoped that this would motivate me….at this moment, I could care less. I just want a cigarette.

I hope this gets better soon. Right now I want to lick an ashtray. I hope D has dumped the ashtrays when I get home. I wanted to light a butt this morning. Mornings are the worst because I smoke like a chimney when I get out of the bed. UUUGGGH. It still morning!! Every few minutes I get up to go outside to smoke and then I remember that I cant.

Im not an addict
its cool
I feel alive
If you dont have it
youre on the other side
Im not an addict
maybe thats a lie
-K's Choice

Wish me luck and be glad that you don’t have to actually be around me!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

I've tried the patch and didn't feel that way, but I was too scared to wear it at night because it says it causes nightmares and I already have psychotic nightmares. Be careful though, because the label says it reacts with some antidepressants! Good luck!

9:21 AM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Congratulations! When things get hard, don't give up! It's like getting used to the meds and going through the early side effects: at first they are hell, but you get to a point where you overcome them.

I know you can do it!

10:27 AM

 
Blogger Gigglezngrinz said...

I wish you the best of luck and am happy you are trying to beat this demon. (Im still in the consideration phase)

My best friend was allergic to the patch. Those rashed you describe turned into welts. Be careful and best of luck!!

12:22 PM

 
Blogger dan said...

Quitting smoking's the best thing you can do, both for yourself and the people around you.

My parents have tried to quit numerous times, and did try the patches. Nothing is quite like the cigarette because nicotine isn't the only addictive substance in a cigarette.

The only way to do it is sheer will power. It's about what you want. What do you want more?

1:13 PM

 
Blogger digibrill said...

Dan, you have to come on here and speak the truth about it, don't you?

I also have to quit badly, Jil. I smoke about a pack a day, too. It's killing me I'm sure. Hope those lungs don't come to haunt your dreams though.

Dan may be right though. I did quit out of sheer will for about three months until I went to work again - with other smokers. Now I like the taste and benefits too much, i.e. stress relief. (Is that a myth?)

Peace out.

6:43 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Power to you! When a bp conquers things such as this the rest of the world is at your doorstep!

Be Blessed!

Big Scott

http://bigscottk.blogspot.com/

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home