Tuesday, November 22, 2005

All Mixed Up...again...

I'm in the middle of mixed state hell. Many of you know what that feels like. Its like pent up anxiety and hellish depression. Its weird. My thoughts are going 90 to nothing and my body is on the other side of the spectrum. I was confined to my couch with my mind racing...frustrations about my meds seem to be a theme. I feel crappy...I have the past week or so, its like cutting down the Effexor so much finally kicked in...maybe all the extra is out of my system or something. Anyway, I think I should go back to the other dosage. I dont know, Im not a doctor. I just know I felt better then and cutting it down hasnt helped the sex thing, so whatever. I'm also tired of gaining weight when Im not eating anything. I eat once a day...always have. I eat the same amount I always have, but I seem to be multiplying rapidly....40 pounds this year. Im blaming it on the anti-psychotic. Why do I need that anyway? Sure, I occasionally have some weirdo freakout moments, but not all of the time. Isnt there anything you can take JUST when you have a freaky moment? I dunno, Im frustrated. I need to exercise. I know this...but hell, is it going to do any good...its not like I am intaking more calories than usual or anything. Anyway, other than my medicine issues....I got a flu shot today. When I think about shots, they freak me out. Someone injected something into me...a little dose of the flu! I have a little hole in my arm where it went in and all I want to do is suck it out like its snake venom or something. How weird is that? I feel invaded. Dumb, huh. Anyway, enough whining for the night.

Really you guys, leave some of your favorite books in the book post. Im really liking knowing what yall like to read and it gives me ideas of what to read next.

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

Hi Jil,
I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. I was in the state you're in right now & the psych referred to it as 'agitated depression'. Makes sense, once you know the name.
Have you tried welbutrin as an anti-depressant? It actually helps you lose weight. But I can only take 150 mg not 300 mg or I get all antsy again.
I take ativan for agitation, only when needed, which is almost daily. (but not EVERY day)
Personally, I adjust my meds as I see needed. Sometimes more works & sometimes less, we're the experts on our insides. Know what I mean? I hope things balance out soon for you.

9:55 PM

 
Blogger Steve said...

Hey Jil. You know I have been taking an anti-psychotic for a couple of years now and never knew that I was taking it for clipping off the mania side. Interesting eh? Remember your not alone. :-)

4:21 PM

 
Blogger digibrill said...

I hope you feel better, too. Sorry I haven't visited until now. I am also on an anti-psychotic that has made me gain about 25 pounds since last year. Ugh. You look good in your photo though.

2:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home