Sunday, November 11, 2007

Reading

Anyone read anything good lately? I must confess, once upon a time, I was an avid reader….but no more. My attention span isnt what it used to be these days. Tonight I found myself having time and wanting to indulge myself in something in the literary realm, but even after reading half of the backs of the books that I havent read that are on my shelves, nothing grabbed me. I prefer non-fiction most of the time. A good memoir, or something…I don’t know.

I have a hard time concentrating. I made it through church tonight though. The last time we went, I had to leave after about 30 minutes because I couldn’t bear to be still for one more second. I can sit down and talk to people, but on my own…working, reading, whatever…I just cant focus for more than 15 minutes or so.

My NP said I could add Welbutrin to the mix and that might help, but I don’t really want to add anything else. I am taking Lamictal, Cymbalta, Abilify, Ambien CR…blah blah blah. No thank you to the idea of more medication.

Anyway, I am open to reading suggestions. I am going to go play on amazon and see if anything pops out. I am going to give the reading thing a try again. Seriously, I used to read a couple of books a week or more and I havent read a book that doesn’t deal with something for school or photoshop in over a year :( That’s just pitiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jil, glad to hear you're feeling better in your 12/19 post. similar to you, I love reading/writing but then only had time for school/software books. I like good non-fiction too and have found one I keep on hand: Crashing Through by Robert Kurson. It's decently written biography and an uplifting story about a remarkably smart man blind most of his life who never gives up. Also have a few good less fictiony fiction books lol.

Thanks for sharing on your blog. I'm bipolar as well and can strongly relate to your entries. Are you switching from Cymbalta you said? I was on Wellbutrin briefly and had an almost fatal allergic reaction, but it seems to work great for a lot of people. For a while I've been mostly "steady" on 200 Lamictal, 300 Trileptal, 150 Seroquel, 200 Lexapro, some Vyvanse (new Adderall) in the AM, and Xanax when needed. Hoping to transition off some if I can stabalize out more. And hoping you're doing well!

12:08 PM

 
Blogger KES said...

Beautiful thoughts. This is exactly how I feel. Am almost on the same meds. Geodon is a lifesave but still doesn't kick the up/down habit. Can we talk? I think we have similar thoughts that out to be shared to the general public who are suffering from this. I found that most resources on the topic are too clinical in nature. Let's work together.

9:29 PM

 
Blogger "Gord" said...

I feel much better with Wellbutrin.300 mgs.. I recently was hit with depression and it had been 8 years since I had a serious episode.
Bipolar and ADHD.

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home