Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Im a smoker, damn it.

Ahhh, the blog. I havent been here in a long time.

I had a doc appointment today….wasnt bad, no med changes, life isnt sucking too incredibly much, so who am I to complain. My NP is the coolest. For someone who started their insanity ride through docs and counsellors about 17 years ago, that’s saying a lot. Ive never stuck with anyone or trusted anyone that Ive talked to like I do her. Good thing of the day.

Ive been shaking a lot. Not sure why. I am supposed to go have my blood sugar tested tomorrow. I know nothing about that sort of thing, so I will let you know what happens. Hmmm. Could it be the pumpkin spice lattes I had today? Maybe I should put them on the list with Red Bull.

Failure: Smoking. Should I say more? I smoke like a chimney.

Triumph: Cutting down Mountain Dew intake. Only one a day (or none, since I had pumpkin spice lattes).

I’ve been alittle down as of late. I forgot my sisters birthday (she ran away 16 years ago – see previous blog posts somewhere). I never forget her birthday. I like to do something on that day that’s kind of special….it makes me feel like she’s doing the same thing somewhere. Basically, forgetting it sucked really bad. I have got to get over it, but its always been a big deal to me….keeping a part of her alive in my mind even though she’s nowhere to be found. Long story.


Anyway, I think that kind of put me in a funk alittle bit….but I shall persevere.

2 Comments:

Blogger GypsyVisions said...

Hi,

I came upon your blog after doing a google search for bipolar+chantix. I've been reading your blog and see that you started back smoking. Do you mind if I ask why? Did the chantix mess with the bipolar disorder? I've smoked for 30 years, and know it's leading me to an early grave, but being a hard-case bipolar-I, feel like I need to do as much research as possible before asking my doc to write me a prescription for chantix. Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Gypsy

2:45 PM

 
Blogger Drinking Mercury said...

I'd stay clear of Chantix with BPD honestly. There have been a lot of issues with so called normal people, which are only worsened by a mental illness especially BPD.

Cold turkey is the best way to go. It sucks I know. I have tried and I still smoke but will try again.

8:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home