Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother’s Day & A Cup of Hypomania

I hope all you mothers out there had a great mother's day. I went to visit my mom, grandmother, and aunt. It was good and the food at my grandmother's always rocks. I used to really not like mother's day, but it's cool now because it reminds me of all the awesome women that I have been fortunate enough to have in my life. I love my mom. I used to be really bitter and angry with her. I guess I finally realized that parents aren't supposed to be perfect and they quite often screw up. I guess I kind of avoided my mom for a few years…ok, a lot of years….and at different times in my life a couple of ladies have stepped up and kicked my ass when needed (which is still quite often). Through family crisis, high school stupidity, alcohol, drugs, different lifestyle choices, the biggest breakup of my life, SEVERE mental breakdowns, spiritual conflicts – when I couldn't talk to family, there have been a couple of "moms" I could count on…that pull ed me through, kicked my butt, and made me keep going. They made me make choices that I didn't think I could make, listened when I cried, fed me, and gave me a place to stay when I didn't have anywhere to go. When others gave up on me, they didn't. They bandaged wounds – physical and emotional, called doctors when I refused, pulled pills out of my pockets, and one even whopped me upside the head a couple of times (I deserved it, I am sure)!! Even though I frustrated the hell out of them, made them cry, drove them insane – I can still count on the ones that have been there with me, and I love them like they gave birth to my sorry ass!

 

Totally different note: I haven't slept in like a week. Mania is fun for about 3 days and then it sucks. I'm taking meds for my stupid foot (I have a month left of taking those) and an occasional Lortab for my 2 frickin abscessed teeth (did I mention I have to have a root canal and an extraction in the same day next week…uuuggghh). Anyway, the meds apparently keep me up. My NP told me the other day that they could make me manic. She was right. I cant find any Vistaril, so I guess I need to call and get another prescription. I sleep about 2-3 hours a night. I feel like CRAP. I am tired and frustrated!

5 Comments:

Blogger Cristina C. Fender said...

Hi!

I had to take Vicodin this month to help kill the pain after my c-section. It keeps me up, too. Don't you find that weird? Everyone else sleeps on it. I told that to my OB and he looked at me like I had 3 heads or something.

Anyway, mania has ensued ever since. Yea, me. I HATE manic symptoms. I'd rather be depressed right now. At least I'd get some good sleep. Oh, well...I guess the grass is always greener, huh?

3:42 PM

 
Blogger chalexa said...

hello hello jil! nice to read some fresh blogs of yours. hope married life is treating you well! I'm sorry to hear the manic edge has caught you by surprise. hope that is healing-up for you. Things have been going okay with me for the most part. send me a note sometime!

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Maggs said...

how's married life, kitten? i'm so proud of all you've done in the last year.

11:12 AM

 
Blogger Health Watch Center said...

Hi Jil,

Please accept my large applause for this wonderful post, where you showed your love, affection for your mom and those who helped you when you needed some assistance...IMO this is a wonderful gift to them.

Self Help Zone.
Self Help Zone

2:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from a English Bipolar living in Paris! Just found your blog and was gripped...great writing. I'll most definitely be back!

9:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home