Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Void

I write a lot about prayer because it usually frustrates the hell out of me. I read something recently (aren’t I always) about prayer, it said, “Pray as you can; not as you cant….Sometimes you will feel a void, but remember that void is saturated with love.” I like that. God doesn’t go anywhere. I get frustrated with “the void”. I want to hear something back, but it doesn’t always work like that. Most of the time with me, I cant relax or concentrate, or Im hurting too bad for words. I have to remember in times like that, that the void I feel is saturated with love. He’s there, even when I cant be completely. I have to just let my body cry to the God that hears me. We have to pray as we can, not force ourselves to pray as we cant. Prayer shouldn’t be frustrating, but I tell ya, I have a hard time with it sometimes. I need to remember that God delights in the fact that I try and that I want to talk to Him. It doesn’t have to be a major event or anything. When little kids jump up in their dads lap and are too tired to play or talk, and they fall asleep…do you think that dad loves them less? Or do you think he thinks its awesome to hold his child? I want to think of prayer like that. I also wanna remember that EVERYONE feels “the void” sometimes. Its not just me. God hasn’t left me, He knows how I am feeling and what I need, even if I cant utter a word.

1 Comments:

Blogger chalexa said...

i have trouble with prayer lately but in the past i have been strong in it. It seems these days i feel overwhelmed when i think about praying because my thoughts feel so disorganized at times. i hope medication will help my spiritual life, as weird as that may seem.

8:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home