Thursday, August 03, 2006

Continuity of Character

I read something the other day that said that one virtue of a Christian is continuity of character. I think that means that you act the same way around everyone. Your friends, your pastor, etc. That�s hard. You have to be really attentive to your behavior I guess, until you get used to it. For me, I�d cuss in front of my friends, but I wouldn�t in front of my pastor (Unless by accident, which is always possible for me). Anyway, its something I need to work on. We all have different personalities around certain people, when we should just be ourselves all the time. Being ourselves, we should strive to be like Christ. Its hard to remember and control. We all have sinful natures, so its easy to go with the flow. Anyway, just a thought�something I want to work on anyway.

5 Comments:

Blogger Amy Purdy said...

You have a very good point, and very timely for me. My dh and I just had a major discussion about this.

8:39 PM

 
Blogger Joel said...

Jili!

You have been seen and included in the latest Carnival of the Bipolars. And you're doing it on October 3.

http://paxnortona.notfrisco2.com/?p=4293

9:52 PM

 
Blogger chalexa said...

i think character is similar to integrity, and differs from personality and social mannerisms. i think its natural to be different around different people but i do agree that our deep inner character (which motivates our choices, our attitude, and our values) should be solid.

11:24 PM

 
Blogger dan said...

Be the best person you can be, as often as you can be.

God attends to the rest.

8:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being bipolar makes it much more difficult to be the same all the time, not to mention just around the same people.

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home