Thursday, June 29, 2006

My list and some other BS

Here I am again, early in the morning. Sleep at night just hasnt been my friend lately. I can sleep after work, but not for very long.

 

Last night my brother, his fiancee, and my youngest step-brother all hung out and grilled steaks. It was fun. I got back pretty late and I didnt go to bed until about 1 am. Not much rest for the weary.

 

I was thinking of my list of things Ive learned along the Bipolar Highway. Here are 5.

 

1. NEVER drink when you first start taking Welbutrin. Ugh. 1 beer = partying with the toilet.

2. Hearing radios all the time is not normal.

3. Be completely honest with your therapist, pdoc, Np, whoever.

4. Most normies totally don�t understand our illness.

5. Take your meds like your supposed to not like you want to.

 

This will be an ongoing list. Everyone is welcome to add things they�ve learned along the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Selden Rose said...

"2. Hearing radios all the time is not normal."

I can't stop listening to radios as you! I must to keep listening something all the time, and sometimes I get quiet and I can stand this situation for a moment up to an hour or two but then I get desperate to listening something!

5:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having a radio on sometimes drowns out the other random voices and nonsense in the mind... I'm with seldon rose - I'd rather have a radio than the crazies in my head. But I even hear music when I sleep...

10:17 AM

 
Blogger chalexa said...

has your hearing radios gotten worse again, sweetie?

I have one more piece of advice:
Nobody needs to know the real problem (ahem... bipolar). That's why i come here.... to talk to those who understand and relate about it. Our normal day-to-day folks (well mine anyway) wouldn't understand. If there's a sick leave; its a medical problem. If they probe further; its personal. And i they're concerned; Its been rough but i'm fine.

10:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what I have learned from watching you...you work very hard against long odds at keeping all the compartments of your life on an even keel. You devote tremendous energy to maintaining balance. You fight the good fight every single day. You don't back away from the challenges. And when you have an occasional lapse, you try as hard as you can to get over the hump and get yourself back on track. You are amazing.

4:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home