Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Beginning

Falling down is easy
It’s getting up that’s tough
I’ve never been a strong one
But when I cant you lift me up
When I feel numb
I let you know
You hold my hand
And never let me go
I’m so tired of running
Scared that I will become
what I was before
Wound up in my own head
You pick me up
before I hit the floor
I’m so tired of running
I’ll give it to you
Youre my only strength
When I cant see through
The darkness that covers me
Deep in the night
My only light is you.
Cover me up
Let me breathe you in
Heal all the memories
And what I have been

3 Comments:

Blogger jane said...

You're writing is always so moving. This post is no exception.

4:16 PM

 
Blogger digibrill said...

You always have such engaging material, meaning that with the second person you draw people in. I hope this post finds you well.

7:24 PM

 
Blogger Jil said...

Joy, Im blessed because I have both. BUT, Ive lived most of my life thinking I had neither. God is always there even when you think he's not. I thought God had given up on me for yeats and I finally figured out that it was me who had given up on him. I would tell someone with neither to pray, pray even if you feel like no one is listening...I would tell them to find some support, even if its online. Go to pendulum.org and join the bipolar newsgroup. Theres always something you can do. (Im going to try to remember I said this next time I feel like shit).

8:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home