Monday, October 31, 2005

Doom, Gloom, and the Problem of Pain

Man, Ive been pretty busy lately. Maybe I will get a chance to have a little time to myself this week. My brother plays football for Alabama so Ive been going to the games, thats been fun. Only 3 more weeks left, Im kinda sad about it....but then there will be the bowl game.

Anyway, to the Doom & Gloom...I've been alittle down...not too bad just seemingly in a constant PMS mood or something. Im a bit emotional. My sisters birthday is tomorrow and thats always hard for me. I get kinda crappy around this time every year. I dont do well in the winter for some reason. So far, so good though...Im not too crazy yet, thank heavens (I sound like my grandmother).

Being in the yucky mood I have been in, Ive tried to do some stuff to keep my mind on other things. Ive been reading The Problem of Pain by CS Lewis. If youve never read it, its like 5 bucks at books a million, its very interesting. It attempts to explain how a loving God could let us feel the pain we feel. I am still digesting it as I go, but Im sure I will have an opinion to share soon. If anyone has read it, I'd like to know what you think....and if you havent read it, its not a long book and its a pretty interesting read.

I hope everyone has a safe Halloween, stear clear of goblins and things of that nature.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have probably already thought of these things, but have you tried to google her and see where she ended up? What about getting in touch with her brother or her mom and seeing if they will give you any info? Who did she hang out with when she was in school? Maybe you could contact them and see if they could give you any leads. Do you know anybody in local law enforcement that might could help you search? I was just wondering if you had explored all these avenues...

5:51 PM

 
Blogger jane said...

Just about every bipolar blog I've read has stated how difficult it is right now...I'm assuming that's because of the season's change & less sunlight. Autumn & winter are my favorite seasons, but I get depressed sometimes even though I don't want to.
Yeah 'Bama! They're still undefeated right? Don't hate me but I'm a USC/UCLA fan. But how cool that your brother plays for 'Bama! I will miss college football a lot. I don't like to watch Pro, but I LOVE college! The crowds, the noise, bands, etc. I love all of it.

11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home