Thursday, July 07, 2005

Undone

We counted
after the lightning strikes
the rain was orgasmic
as it fell on my face
I smiled inside as you kept the time
you grabbed my hand
and led me there
The storm clouds rose
and the tears drenched my clothes
The rain was heavy
as it fell on my face
after you changed
language was inadequate
to describe where I was
as the rain came down
and turned to a flood
I laid in the steam
brought by the sun
until it fell beyond the skyline
That was the night
I came undone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hey Jill... I'm back and thanks a lot.
You know, I have always really enjoyed your poetry. I hope you never stop writing it. You really are a very talented human being! Your posts have always been filled with life even when your down.

11:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home