Monday, July 11, 2005

Along for the Ride

Ah, another day in bipolarland. I think I have it figured out that my moods are cycling about every 3 weeks…which I guess is good compared to every 3 hours! The thing that sucks about it is that the depression lasts for so long when it shows up. I can feel myself declining now…about every 2 weeks I kind of go into mixed mode…agitated, scattered…mixed with moments of total despair. I’m feeling ok at the moment…sort of like I’ve taken a lot of antihistamines, I’ve got a headache and I’m tired no matter how much I sleep…but I don’t want to die, so I guess I have to say that things are good. I was keeping up with my moods at www.moodtracker.com I really should start doing that again. I can find time to sit here and type this meaningless babble, so I should be able to find time to do that.

I’ve decided that I’m burning every cd that Pink Floyd ever made tonight. That is my mission. I’m kind of in a Green Day mood too. I finally got to see the Live 8 Pink Floyd reunion…holy crap, how cool was that? I’m trying to catch it on tv so I can record it. “Wish You Were Here” is my favorite song of all time. It was great.

Speaking of Live 8, I have tried to steer clear of my political beliefs here, but if you want to know more about it and the One Campaign, there are links on the left side of the site. I know people have a lot of differences of opinions on the war & things of that nature, but I think most people can unite when it comes to helping people who are dying every day because they have no food. Live 8 focuses on Africa, but I think it’s a problem that needs to be addressed here at home too. I’ve known a lot of people who’s luck has just been shitty, and its just stupid that in a country like ours that there are people who eat out of dumpsters….thats my political rant of the day….I wont go into medical stuff and the costs of prescription drugs because I don’t have enough room on this blog to get properly pissed…so that’s it. I will stop and be nice. Besides, I don’t have the energy for much of a rant.

I don’t know about this D. thing. I like him a lot…but, ya know, I am too intense and complicated for 99.73% of all people…I know that’s hard to believe. I guess I’ll just have fun while it lasts. He’s coming over tomorrow night. It’s hard for me to just relax and have fun…my damned internal dialogue!

We watched Napoleon Dynamite the other night…good Lord, I swear it reminded me so much of Junior High. Is everyone geeky as hell in Junior High? It was hilarious, but also a bit depressing to remember how horrible that experience was. I wore combat boots and flannel shirts every day & dated a guy that thought he was Rob Smith of the Cure…he even wore the mascara. Never date a guy that wears more make-up and uses more hairspray than you do…and that is my advice of the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hey,

You know, at least you can see the cycles that often is half the battle. It is easier for me when I can see what's going on and it gives me a perspective. You know what... Complicated intense people are the best. I think I do hear that internal dialog as you said. Try some breathing exercises. Ha, who am I to say. I could say lots of things here but I would just be preaching to the choir. Just smile and know okay?
Steve

12:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home