Thursday, February 09, 2006

Violent Mood Swings

I have been in the most hellacious mood lately. I totally went off on a whole department (badly) at work. I am just in a self centered, egotistical, mean, assholish mood. I am depressed as hell and spending money (that I don�t have) like crazy.

 

I called my NP a couple of days ago (after I lost it completely at work). She upped my Cymbalta. So here is the new med run down: 200mg Lamictal, 10mg Abilify, 60mg Cymbalta, and 100mg Vistaril.

 

I hope I snap out of this soon. I will be completely isolated in my own little world because I will drive everyone away and I will have maxed out all my credit cards if something doesn�t change.

6 Comments:

Blogger Maggs said...

Sounds like a mixed state. and those suck.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Joel said...

I'm another overspender. And I'm with Maggs. It sounds like a mixed state.

I'm surprised you're not on Depakote.

Do you research your meds? What are you taking to keep the manic end of things in check?

1:07 PM

 
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Does Cymbalta have mood-stabilizing qualities, or is it just an AD? And if the latter, wouldn't it just increase any manic tendencies such as anger and spending, etc.? Alex takes Depakote and way more Abilify. But then, the mania is what we are afraid of (especially me), not so much the depression. I hope you feel better soon.

11:42 PM

 
Blogger dan said...

I've been feeling pretty stand-offish myself lately. Not a real people-kind of guy.

Which is making the sucking up while looking for work really bad.

Just know you're not alone.

11:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoze you drive away need to move anyway.

Thoze who love you are a little more forgiving than you may realise.

Thoze who understand you know you'll get over thiz.

Me, I just enjoy sitting back and watching the havoc you wreak.

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

After all, tomorrow is another day.

7:21 AM

 
Blogger jane said...

Hey, we're still here & we're all freaking out on our meds too!!! Let's all go on a vacation to the nutty farm together!! Wouldn't that be fun? I think it'd be a hoot!

9:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home