Friday, January 20, 2006

Q & A - Day 3?

Q:Everyone keeps asking you about your sex life.... how does that make you feel?

A: I really hadn’t thought about it until you asked the question. I guess it makes me feel like I know a bunch of perves! JUST KIDDING. Really, as someone who so “publicly” questions their sexuality, I guess I expected a bunch of sex questions. It doesn’t bother me or anything.

Q: Who was the first guy?

A: A one night stand a month or two after I left Linda. It involved a lot of alcohol & marijuana. I thought I should give guys a try since Linda was the only person I had ever been with. One time in high school I almost did it with a guy….well, he actually got to the point of putting it on in there, but he held my arms down, I freaked on him and kicked him out of my house….so I don’t count that because it didn’t even last 2 minutes.

Q:Have you ever had an orgasm with a guy?

A: Yes, about 3 times out of 9 million

Q:How do you know that you are bipolar and not the willing thrall of the drug industry and the psychiatric profession?

A: Do any of us know that for sure? I knew I needed a doctor. I knew SOMETHING was wrong. When you don’t sleep to the point of having delusions and you get so out of control that you do things you would never in a million years do under most circumstances. Or you cant get out of bed, cant get yourself out from underneath your covers, are terrified of people….theres something wrong. When you cut yourself with razorblades or burn yourself with cigarettes….when you put a belt around your neck and attempt to hang yourself in your closet, or take an enormous amount of pain killers and chase it with vodka…that’s not “normal” behavior. Do I actually NEED medication? Yes, I do think I would be dead without them. Do I think the psychiatric profession makes me fit a mold that I do not really fit in to? No. I think psychology can be a load of crap, but I also know that being Bipolar is an organic thing. There is something chemically wrong….if there wasn’t…if it was just a behavioral thing that couldn’t be proved, I would have my doubts, I suppose. These days I’ve come to accept it though. Meds, docs, or not….I am what I am.

Hmmm…good questions…..keep going if you have more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting.
When you lost yours.
And not to a guy.
I've seen the opposite, that of doing everything but, and calling oneself a virgin.
That's a real strength to be that honest with yourself.

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home