Monday, May 23, 2005

On the Brighter Side of Life

I had a pretty good weekend. I took Friday off because I had a Dr. appointment, and I just needed the rest of the day off as a "mental health day". I got some house work done (not nearly enough, but some at least) and I started reading The Catcher in the Rye. I just chilled out and read all day.

The Dr. appointment was interesting. I'm going off of my anti-depressant, Lexapro, and starting a new one, Effexor. At the moment, I am taking 1/2 the dose that I was taking of Lexapro & 1/2 the dose that I'll be taking of Effexor. Its supposed to take a month for the Effexor to really kick in, but Ive been feeling alittle jittery...a little nauseated....some anxiety...but I dont know if thats the Effexor or if its because the Lexapro was cut. I have to take the 1/2 doses for 3 more days, then no more Lexapro and the Effexor goes up. I hope it works, Im sure you can tell by my posts the last month or so that all has not been well in bipolar land.

Friday night I went out to eat with a friend. That was cool, I havent been out in forever...other than a couple of bike nights, which I dont count as going out to eat because the food sucks. Anyway, it was nice to hang out. I dont think friends realize how much of a difference stuff like that makes to a person like myself thats alone most of the time. I had a good time & the food was good....I had left overs the next day & that rocked (no frozen pizza for a change).

I did nothing Saturday. To tell you the truth, I was alittle down and out...not sure why, but I didnt do much other than sleep and finish reading The Catcher in the Rye (which Im going to write about later). I painted some, which felt like an accomplishment. I finished a painting that Ive been working on for a while now. I havent had the energy or motivation to do anything like that in a while.

Yesterday morning I was a little weird. I woke up early because I couldnt sleep good. I was really jittery...had kind of a nervous shakey thing going on...felt like I was going to puke. I came home after Sunday School and laid down a while. I couldnt sleep tho. I got up and went to my grandparent's house. My mom, step-dad, brother, his girlfriend, my cousins, and of course my grandparents were there. My mom and my step-dad scuba dive & they let us play with their gear in the swimming pool. It was fun. I came home, laid down for a mintue, then went to church. It was music recognition night and church and the little kids sang...thats always funny.

All in all it was a good weekend. It makes me feel like maybe I am climbing up the incline again and thats a very good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home