Monday, May 16, 2005

The Television Predicament

this may sound strange, but I lived months without television....somewhere around 5 months or so...and it was great. I've been trying to figure out why I feel so flat. I am sure that meds have something to do with it. I havent had a creative bone in my body since starting Zyprexa...but honestly, I think TV has a lot to do with it.

With tv in my house, I get nothing done. I am somewhat of a Law & Order freak, and there are few hours out of a day when you cant find a Law & Order re-run....but really, thats all I like to watch. I'm just not a tv person. Im thinking about turning my cable off again. The only problem with that is my internet connection. I dont think you can have a cable modem without having cable tv.

When I didnt have tv, I painted more, I wrote more, I read more, I did more house work....I found other things to do.

Maybe its time to just unplug it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hey!
I think you are right about cable, but you might call and check. You know although there is television here, I went for over three years without it prior to getting here. I think that without it, it forces you in into doing more, be it reading, writing, drawing, painting, working outside (summer).
Or it takes more self discipline to just turn it off!

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home