Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Seventh Day Slumber

Seventh Day Slumber came out with a new cd this month called Once Upon A Shattered Life. Never heard of them, right? SDS is a Christian band...my favorite Christian band. The cd came out about a week ago, and I called my brother to tell him I got it, and he was calling me to tell me that he bought it. The cd is great. Highlights are #3 Caroline, #6 Back in Time, #8 Chris' Letter (my brother's favorite), and #9 Masquerade. This cd isnt as hard as their last release, Picking Up the Pieces (also an awesome cd). Anyway, go get it, it rocks. Im gonna put a couple of song lyrics up. Here's their website: http://www.seventhdayslumber.com

Masquerade

I don’t know what to think about me anymore
Cause Im the same as always
Here I am again,
That same ol’ broken man.
I cant make it on my own,
I need you.

And Im not afraid of anything anymore.
And I am not ashamed,
The masquerade has ended.
And I will stand for you
Even if I lose it all.
Cause nothing really matters,
Youre all that matters, Lord.

As messed up as I am,
Still you bring me in.
You take me in your arms and hold me.
The worthlessness I feel,
You make it disappear.
You are always there,
Youre endless.

And I am not afraid of anything anymore.
And I am not ashamed,
The masquerade has ended.
And I will stand for you even if I lose it all.
Cause nothing really matters.
You are all that matters, Lord.

Back in Time

Carry me away
back in time
to when i met you.
take all this guilt and shame
that buried me
and bury me in you.

I want to be dead but still alive,
I want to breathe hope instead of choking,
I want to feel the fire deep inside,
burn through me,
and carry me away.

How false could I be?
You see through me,
You see right through me.
Would you sing to me?
And take me back to when I met you.

I hear you calling me. I feel so far from home.
You can see through my past. You've never let me go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home